There was no snow and plenty of fog on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
I think this was the first Christmas in a loooong time that I can remember not having snow on the ground. It was so weird! It was plenty cold though, like single digits cold. BRRRRRRRRR.
Here is a recap of how we celebrated Christmas this year.
By some stroke of luck I was granted Christmas Eve off during our mini-bid in training. I was so thrilled I think I even did a happy dance :)
It is tradition in Israel's family to have a big dinner on Xmas Eve and then stay up until midnight playing games and watching movies. At the stroke of 12 we all gather around the tree and open gifts!
It's a wonderful tradition. It does make for an extremely long day though, especially since I was up very late baking the night before. (I got home at 10:30pm on Dec 23 and proceeded to cook stuffing, green bean casserole, quiche for xmas morning, 2 pumpkin pies and 1 red velvet cake. PHEW!)
| Israel and I at his Mom's house 12/24 |
We got home after 3am on Christmas morning. I had my sister stay overnight so I could see her on Christmas morning! I got up and put some cinnamon rolls in the oven and warmed up the quiche (my mom made this recipe a Christmas morning tradition when I was little and now it just isn't Christmas without it.) We had just enough time to open stockings and eat breakfast before I had to get ready to work. Ugh. I was scheduled to work from 1:30pm-10pm That's what I get for working in an industry that operates 24-7
As luck would have it. hundreds of flights were cancelled in our hub city of Atlanta, GA which made for a very hectic day. Thousands of people were stranded due to weather and people were not happy.
I went to work bubbly and was greeting every customer and telling them happy holidays and merry christmas and when I got home at 10pm I was a Grinch. Customers literally sucked all of the Christmas cheer out of me.
I came home to a smiling husband and got a warm hug and that melted my Grinchy heart back to normal pretty quick though.
Although short it was a nice holiday.
Next year I hope to have enough seniority to enjoy more time at home with the family or if I have to work next Christmas I'm really hoping the weather will cooperate and not rain on everyone's parade and cancel flights!
No comments:
Post a Comment