Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Moving.

We are moving!! Remember the townhouse I posted about back in May? No, okay nevermind... the point is we loved it. We ended up having to wait out our lease in our crappy little apartment and decided when it was up we were sure we would find the right place. It just so happens that the right place for us ended up being another unit in the same townhouse complex! Wahoo.
It's 3 floors and has 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths and 2 family rooms. It even has a fireplace! I am beyond excited to be able to set up a home there and have room to grow. The upstairs has the master which is surprisingly big and it has his and hers closets ya'll! For realsies I am SO EXCITED!!!!! I can finally have all of my clothes in one closet and I won't have to pack them up by seasons. (I used to store my winter clothes during the summer months and vise versa, does anyone else do this?) I can finally have all of my shoes in the same place too. Hooray! Hubby is excited because he'll get to have all of his clothes out and have a space to himself. I admit, I'm a closet hog. Enough closet talk sorry, I'm just really excited about that feature. Next door to the master is a second bedroom which will eventually be a nursery, but for now it will be a guest bedroom I think. The bathroom is quite large with tons of counter space and has a linen closet inside (score!) The midlevel you enter on has the living room with a fireplace and kitchen with a half bath and pantry. Downstairs is the family room and washer and dryer and the 3rd bedroom and bathroom. I'll finally have a craft room to work on all of my projects and instead of having to pick everything up mid project I can leave it out and close the door! It will be nice to have a house big enough to entertain in. We love having game nights and I love craft nights with friends. Now we just need a loveseat or couch for the second family room downstairs to make it a functional game room space! Hello Craigslist!!!!!!

Before I start pouring over craigslist ads and KSL we have to get all of our furniture over there and set up. I'm getting a little ahead of myself. Since hubby and I don't have any days off together moving has been quite the adventure. So far we've taken trips over every day just using our cars. We are almost done with the "stuff" besides our clothes and shower stuff. We've got a Uhaul planned for furniture pick up on Saturday. I wish I could be there to help or at least supervise but I'll be working. I just hope it goes smoothly and I hope our dishes make it over safely. (I think those are the last fragile thing remaining in our apartment...and I'm more than a little nervous with a bunch of guys hauling things over.) I'm really excited to get furniture set up where I've envisioned it and see how it comes together, putting things on the walls and such. More space and more decorating = FUN!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

That is so exciting! You're going to love being in a bigger place, and I'm sure your readers will agree with me when I ask for pictures, pretty please? :)