Saturday, March 13, 2010

Aaargh.

I was a little upset this morning when I weighed and had no loss. BUT...I guess 7.4 lbs in 6 days is not bad at all so I shouldn't complain. In fact it's more than the 1 lb per day we are told to expect. (well, UP TO ONE LB PER DAY!) So I guess I can live with that. I'm just about to make myself some vanilla rooibus tea for breakfast. Gotta start getting those liquids in, drinking all of the required water is key. Yesterday I posted that it's been a week, but I lied! Today is actually the one week mark for me so forgive me for miscounting. Today is also my skip day, so no injection this morning. YAY.
It felt so wonderful to sleep in. All week my body has been so tired, no doubt due to the rapid weight loss. I can't imagine functioning without the B12 supplement!

I've got a full day planned so I hope this will help keep my mind off food. Yesterday the day flew by at work, we were so busy I didn't really have time to think about food and then suddenly it was lunch time! I like that feeling. I'm realizing more and more that this diet is a mind game..
when you see someone else snacking you think, "oh I'm hungry." Which may or may not be the case. It's definitely a reality check not being able to just snack. I am finding myself much more in tune with what my body is actually telling me. When I see someone snacking, my first instinct is to pick up my water bottle and start chugging. Your body will send a trigger that can be misinterpreted as hunger when really you may just need fluids.  I've noticed that after drinking some water I no longer feel the urge to have a snack.

I'm trying to stay positive because I know that negative thinking will not only start me on the wrong path that could lead to cheating, but negative thoughts may stall my weight loss and I really don't want that to happen.

PS> I measured last night before I went to bed and here is the breakdown.
I've lost 2 inches off my chest, 2 from my hips, 2 1/4 off my biceps. 1.5 off my calves, 1.5 off my thighs, 1 3/4 off my waist!
No wonder my clothes are starting to feel different. HOORAY.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

WOOHOO! Look at you girl! You are doing so awesome! Don't be worried about little/no weight loss days. They happen. Yes, they're frustrating, but at least it's not a gain :)