Maybe it's because it's been exactly 1 week since I got sacked.
I've been thinking positive and trying to stay optimistic about whatever new opportunity might lie ahead for me. I've redone my resume- twice. I've started making a cover letter and applied for a number of jobs. Any of which I would be excited for. I want to hold out for something that is going to be a good fit.
Please keep your fingers crossed for me that I will hear some good news in the near future.
I'm starting to get bored.. maybe that's why I'm a little blue.
No one is free during the day! It's so lonely hanging out at home, I feel lazy. And anywhere I would want to venture to will cost $$. Plus the weather is supposed to be crap the next few days. Sure does suck. While being bored at home I've been watching some design shows, I've been wanting to do something to our master bedroom for a while. We are in need of new bedding anyway! I just can't settle on a style. How do you know what your style is? Are we Contemporary? Traditional? Craftsman? Formal? Casual?
It makes me dizzy. I've looked at pictures online trying to find inspiration or at least get a firm grasp at what my style is and I think it only made me more confused. I love the idea of boutique hotel but I dont know if I could pull that off. Not just that but I don't know if I would like the feeling of coming home to a "hotel" everyday.. hmm. I like craftsman style, clean lines, warm colors but then I wonder how that will look in a whole apartment or house in that style. Would I get bored with it?
I think we are a little traditional and a little contemporary. We just bought a new couch which is very contemporary, clean lines, low back. LOVE IT. Our furniture is pretty traditional though, dark wood. But for our bedroom our furniture is black, which could go either way I think.. It could be very art deco and funky. Or we could dress it up and make it traditional with a little contemporary edge. I'm just not sure which style speaks to me more. I'm stuck.
This is one of my inspiration rooms- I was originally thinking of going in the direction of light blue/gray. The dark furniture keeps the room grounded. Furniture-check.
I think the room is going to take off once I can settle on some bedding. Problem is, I've fallen in love with more than one set.. most of them are gray, cream or black and I can picture red accents throughout the room. OR I could stick with the color scheme from the photo which is very soothing and skip the red accents. Maybe some glass lamps.. A large framed mirror
Here are a couple of the bedding sets that I can picture in our room:
Sorry this one wouldn't let me paste a decent pic...
Sorry-same site, couldn't copy and paste, but this one might be my favorite... LOOOOOVE IT.
Thoughts???


No comments:
Post a Comment