Monday, August 9, 2010

blurb

So I've been wearing my new foundation for a few days now and I like it! It lasts all day, it doesn't run or flake or crease. It stays put even in the hot summer sun. Plus it feels light and airy. The only only thing.. is the coverage.. it is light coverage which is what I usually like but I feel like for those days when I have a blemish or two that I really am asking alot of my concealer. I guess now I'm on a mission to find a concealer that can do the trick! As for the blush I purchased, it's the perfect shade and I'm loving it!
Sephora is addicting... I've already thought of a handful of things I want to go back for.
That's trouble!

Anywho, just came across this post on Bakerella.com (If you haven't visited this site, you need to.)
She's so talented. I'm going to make these. Cheesecake bars. MmMmmm.

Speaking of MmmMmmm... last week at work we had a potluck and I signed up to make German Chocolate Cake. Well by the time I got home from work and got everything together it was after 11pm and I decided that I was going to go for cupcakes, less work and more pot luck friendly :)
So I took a chance and let me tell you... they were AmAzing. Yes-sir-ee. I'll be making them again.

I really should stop taking about decadent desserts and think about brocolli or celery or something but what's the fun in that?

Tomorrow is my Saturday and I can't express how much I'm looking forward to a day off.
It really sucks not having any days off with my hubby but we're trying to make the most of the little time we do get together. Right now we have time for a cup of coffee or bowl of cereal together in the "morning"...(morning being noon when we get up... that's what happens when you're schedule is flopped and you go to work at 1:30 and get home at 10:30pm. I've been going to bed after 2am nearly every day. UGH.) I miss working normal hours. So right now we see each other for a few hours when I get home on Friday and Saturday nights. And I spend my days off alone. Sucky huh?
This week though I've packed my days off so it will be nice to feel productive and to not be lonely.

First on the list,  I'm having my hair done! YIPPEE. It is long overdue.
I'm only a little excited. Don't worry I'll be sure to post some pics.
The rest of my time off I'll be found:

*scrapbooking
*getting a mani/pedi
*tanning at the pool
*reading
*catching up on my shows on DVR
*having dinner with friends :)

For now I'm going to go have a scoop of Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey ice cream and watch a movie!

2 comments:

Amber said...

http://laynepages.blogspot.com/2009/08/amber.html, for some of my maternity photos!

Lizett said...

That sounds like the perfect day off!!