I feel like I have a lot to blog about but I don't know where to start!
In the past month we've had our 1 year anniversary and celebrated Israel's 29th birthday.
I've also been cooking up a storm so I have some recipes to share.
I surprised Isreal by making some (early birthday) treats.
I don't know what these would be called but it's kind of like a pop tart!
I used red raspberry preserves for the hearts and Nutella for the circles.
I used pre-made pie crust and rolled them out and used some medium size cookie cutters for each shape. Each pastry took 2 of each shape for front and back. I was able to get 6 of each shape out of 2 pie crusts and I used the leftover pie crust for something else...
I put about a tablespoon of filling in each one tart and used a fork to crimp the edges.
Once in the oven I let them back for 12 minutes.
*Next time I will leave them in a minute or two longer to get more golden on the outside.
Right after taking them out of the oven I drizzled white and milk chocolate over the top. YUM.
With the leftover pastry I made little cinnamon and sugar pie crust "cookies" I used mini cookie cutters for these. I brushed them with butter and sprinkled cinnamon and sugar on top before baking.
They are seriously the perfect bite and a great way to use up the scraps of pie crust. :)
I tried a recipe that's been floating around work for Butter Chicken Curry, it's delish.
I can't get Israel to go out for Indian food with me so I brought it to him! hahah.
He tried it and actually ate some although I don't think it was his favorite. Oh well, I love it!
If you'd like the recipe gimme a holler.
I was inspired and had my first attempt at Calzone.
For my filling I used chicken, sauteed onions and mushrooms, thinly sliced ham, mozzarella cheese and alfredo sauce. Yum-O.
I bought pre-made pizza crust for this recipe.
*Next time I think I will split the crust in 2 and make smaller calzone pockets.
Also, I think I would pre-bake the crust for a few minutes before adding the filling...
I am going back on HCG next weekend so I have one more week to try some new recipes.
Israel and I will have this Friday night off together and I already have a special dessert planned.
I don't have a specific recipe or anything but I am going to be using Puff Pastry and an Apple spice filling. Sounds good eh? I plan on layering it like a napoleon. I think he'll like it!
I can't wait to have my house filled with the wonderful scents of Fall.
Israel's Birthday Breakfast at IHOP





No comments:
Post a Comment