I saw this idea on a blog and now I cannot find the blog to give credit. So if this was your craft I sincerely apologize!! Anyway, it looked simple enough and I decided I had to try it. I found the balls at the craft store and I got several sizes, the crepe paper came with 2 rolls at the dollar store! I chose light pink to coordinate with all the rest of my decor but I'm considering going back to get purple and red to mix it up a little! I picked up at white ceramic pot at IKEA ages ago and knew it was perfect for this project.
I made strips of crepe paper and folded them in half and then rolled them up to make little rosettes. I used a hot glue gun to attach them around the styrofoam ball.
I will keep looking for the link because the tutorial on her blog was so great. Besides I want to give credit where credit is due!
I was originally going to make it into a topiary but it ended up being heavier than I thought and wasn't sure it was going to work. I only put the rosettes 3/4 of the way around the ball and it fit perfectly into the pot. I love the way it turned out.
I pulled a simple red ribbon from my craft stash and used double sided tape to hold it in place.
What do you think?
EDIT: Finally found the blog to link up!
The Idea Room
Her tutorial rocks and she's got tons of other cute stuff going on, go check her out :)
EDIT: Finally found the blog to link up!
The Idea Room
Her tutorial rocks and she's got tons of other cute stuff going on, go check her out :)




2 comments:
Turned out adorable Mal! I wanna make one.
cute idea! I can see who should def. be on the decor committee :)
(sorry for all the reunion comments, but it's on the brain. )
Post a Comment