Sunday, September 12, 2010

Northern California

On Aug 28 we celebrated our first wedding anniversary. I cannot believe that it has already been a year, time has flown by. We decided to take a trip to Northern California.

Well, let me explain... Israel's 10 yr High School Reunion was scheduled for Aug 28th, the same day as our anniversary. I felt like we should go if he really wanted to go. It was something I didn't want him to miss out on just because it happened to fall on our anniversary. We got the time off work and started planning the trip with every intention of going to the reunion. Closer to the actual day he found out that none of his good friends from high school would be attending so we ended up blowing it off! We spent plenty of quality time with his best friend Julio while we were there anyway so I think he got the best of both. :)

We left for San Jose, CA on Friday Aug 27th. Our flight left at 6:40am.
Since Israel worked until 2:30am that day I ended up doing all of the packing! Because of our weird schedules it didn't make sense going to bed for an hour. Instead I spent my time finishing up packing and getting everything ready and watching a movie with my sister in law. She came over to keep me company and take us to the airport. She didn't want to be sitting at home trying to stay awake until 4:30am to pick us up so she came over around 11pm to hang out instead.

What this all means is that by the time we got to California we had both been awake for 24 hours!!
We landed at 10:40am and Julio picked us up and took us to lunch at a local dive place that had THE best sandwiches on homemade sourdough bread. I'm craving one right now they were so good.
After lunch we checked into our hotel and then went out, we ended up at the Winchester Mystery House which was pretty cool. I wish we hadn't been so tired so we could have lingered longer for more pictures in the gardens. We were pretty wiped out by this time but kept on going so that we could get the most out of our first day. We had dinner and then went back to get some sleep.
This was our hotel
Ps. They treated us like royalty. We were upgraded to a suite on the Executive Level which means it's very quiet (always a plus) They gave us welcome treats and even beverage coupons for the hotel lounge which we never got to use :( 
The bed in our room was seriously the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. We're thinking of buying one! For real. 

No comments: